Monday, May 4, 2009

When Pigs Sneeze

The following is an actual conversation between two students in my class today (names are changed):

Pierre: Who made Swine Flu?
Erin: Nobody. It's a virus -- it's a flu.
Pierre: Who do you think made up the name Swine Flu, then.
Erin: Nobody made it up -- it is a flu that pigs get.
Pierre: Then why do they call it Swine Flu? Did someone just give it a funny name?
Erin: No, swine is another name for pig. Probably is like Latin or some other old language. We don't use the word anymore.
Pierre: Oh, so do you get it if a pig sneezes on you?
Erin: Sneezes on you? That's ridiculous! When is a pig gonna sneeze on you? You know they closed a school around here.
Pierre: Yeah, I know.
Erin: So do you think that pigs were running around the school? No!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny dialogue, but I love your sneezing pirate pig!!

Anonymous said...

LOL you have the funnest job, I swear, you must die laughing every day :)

Next time I'm in DC i'll give ya a shout, my brother goes to GWU so I got to visit him...it was so fun except for getting lost and not being able to find ANY FOOD when we got off the wrong metro stop :)