Friday, June 27, 2008

We're Here . . .Finally!







1. A double rainbow before we leave! A good omen?
2. Noodles sitting on a suitcase. I think she wanted us to pack her with us.

3. Me in Heathrow. 4. Our plane to Israel. 5. Welcome to Israel.

Well, we made it! 36 hrs from house to house, that is. The first flight was on Virgin Atlantic to Heathrow starting after 11 pm local time and arrived in London at 11 am local time. The next leg was on El Al and arrived in Tel Aviv at about 11 pm or so local time. I maybe got one hour tortured nodding off sleep on the whole trip. Natalie was way too excited for the first leg and had some "difficult" moments, but Noah was much better than I expected.
We got this notice from the TSA in one of our suitcases. I noticed it after I saw that 2 cans of baking soda that we were bringing for one of our hosts was opened. I wonder what they thought it might be. Hmmmmm...


We are beginning our trip staying with my cousins Ben & Bethami and little Eden in Modiin. My Aunt Rene and Uncle Mike recently moved (retired) here and live down the street too. Jamie and I got a chance to sleep in until 11 am (but 6 am body clock time) and then we assembled to drive into Jerusalem for the afternoon.
We met my other cousin Sarah & Menachem as we entered the Jaffa Gate into the Old City.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the correct post ....

ahem... sweetie, HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN ME???

Jamie??? Bionic Woman, remember, Bionic Woman